Are you ready for a chance to compete against the most talented students at the 2017 SHPE conference? Do you have what it takes to win$10,000 team grand prize and an opportunity for an internship with Nissan? Then answer the following questions in a total of 500 words or less (font: Times New Roman, size: 12, spacing: 1.5) and submit your essay and resume to ChallengeMe@shpe.org by 11:59PM PST on FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2017. Make sure to include your major, expected graduation date and GPA.
Application Questions (you must answer both to be considered)
- What current safety feature would you change on an automobile?
- What skills make you “stand out from the rest” to be selected for the competition?
What is the Nissan Design Competition?
- 24 extraordinary SHPE student members will be chosen and split into 8 teams to tackle this year’s Nissan Design Competition challenge over the span of four days. The competition culminates with the announcement of the champion team on Saturday during the Career Fair at the Nissan booth.
- Work with a 3 person team, who you will meet in person once you arrive at the conference
- Develop and refine an idea to address a challenge over the four-day period
- Provide a daily project briefing/presentation starting on Wednesday night that will be evaluated by the Nissan Design competition judges , culminating in a final presentation by the best 3 teams on Saturday morning
- Interact with and learn from your peers, Nissan engineers and leaders, and leaders from SHPE
- Prizes of $10,000, $5,000 and $2,500 will be shared by the top 3 teams. Apply as an individual, we will group you into teams
- Qualified winners from the champion team will receive a summer internship offer to work for Nissan
- Competitors and alternates who complete the challenge and participate in the required presentation sessions will receive full conference registration reimbursement after the conference*
- Get exclusive competition gear to distinguish you from other conference attendees
- Participate in presentation skills workshop led by Nissan and SHPE leaders
- Receive 1-on-1 resume reviews and critique sessions with Nissan and engineering industry leaders
- Opportunity to participate in mock interviews with Nissan and engineering industry leaders
*-Applicants are to be registered for the SHPE conference in order to be considered.
Previous Nissan Design Competition winners are not eligible to participate.
For any questions please contact at ChallengeMe@shpe.org